Saturday, December 14, 2013

Dominion

     It's a word not too many people are familiar with. Because of that, they live in a state of confusion and chaos, and wonder why God doesn't intervene. There have been many times in my life where I was left with so many questions in my mind that I began to doubt my faith, and nearly gave up. I found Jesus on the night I found out about dominion.

     I was at a small college hangout one night, and there was a guy there who spoke on dominion. He was a Alabama football player for Paul Bryant, and later one of his pallbearers. He is the chaplain for the University of Alabama's football team, and his sons have also played for Alabama. His credentials may seem far and wide, but he is a man of integrity, and taught me a lot about taking back what the enemy has stolen.

     He started his message off with a verse that has stuck with me since hearing quote it.
"You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet..." Psalms 8:6.
When he finished the verse, I sat it utter amazement. I could not believe what I had just heard. It was enough for me to break down at that moment. You spend your whole life thinking that all the bad in the world will get better when God steps in. But, according to this verse, He gave YOU authority to trample the enemy. He placed the enemy UNDER your feet.

     The enemy's plan is to isolate you and make you feel as if there's no way out. The enemy will convince you that you're too messed up; you'll never amount to anything. In Jesus name, I rebuke those LIES. Every morning when you wake up, you should have the confidence that you have dominion, you have authority, and in Jesus' name, you will not be shaken.

     I pray this restores some faith in a few people. You're not too far off. You are never outside the range of God's love.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment