Thursday, September 20, 2012

So unworthy--

     This morning, I find myself listening to "God So Loved" by United Pursuit Band. I can't help but to think of the most popular, famous Scripture of John 3:16. Just the mention of that Scripture can have you quoting it like it's nothing. But, while that's the reality of it, I've come to find out that we lose interest in what that Scripture actually says. I know in my life, I've dishonored God's word when a pastor reads from John 3:16, and I just sit there thinking "I've heard this so many times." Or "This verse again?" Have you ever felt that way?
     In this time and age, we're not seeing the miracles that the Scripture talks so clearly about. I wonder why that is? I heard a pastor once say that it falls on how we honor God's Word. There's third world countries who've never heard of Jesus that are seeing more miracles than those living in the Bible belt knowing Jesus their whole life. Why? Because when someone whose never heard of Jesus hears about Him for the first time, the honor is so strong that they're able to see things happen. When I heard about Jesus, it wasn't for the first time. I grew up around it (but, don't think for a second it inspired me to be a Christian). 
     The point I'm trying to make is that we dishonor God's Word so much that we allow it to just take a backseat in our mind, and we don't think twice about what we're actually reading. We're reading the God spoken, God-breathed, God inspired Scripture! That's major! If we could only grasp what people went through to get this book in our hands, it'll be enough to prove His existence. 
     So, here's the test:
"For God so loved the world, 
that He gave His ONLY Son, 
that whoever would believe in Him 
would not perish but have everlasting life." 
John 3:15

What's new? Remember the first love? Keep that fire, because it'll spark plenty of flames in your future!

No comments:

Post a Comment