Sunday, September 9, 2012

You ARE Blessed!

     Something has been on my heart a lot lately. I've realized in the midst of expectations, a lot of times we're let down. We "think" we deserve something, or we're doing all that we can to pursue our faith to the fullest extent. In reality, we're doing just enough to get by. Let me further explain.
     The blessing God has for your life is something that HE sees fitting for your life, not something you'd realize. As Pastor John Bevere once said, "God may send a blessing that you need in a package you don't want." Think about it, we know what our flesh wants. We live on this earth; we're merely human beings. We're fleshy people with fleshy desires. But, our desires do not align with God's sometime. God's desire is for us, yet desiring ourselves may seem a bit conceited- but that's a different story. The point I'm trying to make is that we don't realize that we're already blessed. 
     In my own life, I've had the blessings that I've wanted, and the blessings that God has already provided. Here's some examples:

Blessings I Want:

  • My car has been in the shop for almost two months now. Being that I do not like to rely on people much, I've been desperate to get my car back. 
  • Financial peace- Working in a dead end job doesn't help this area. My potential to tithe is slim due to the job I have, and the pressure to provide for myself as well.
Blessings I've Already Been Given:

  • After a few semesters from school, God has blessed me with the opportunity to go back to school. I never thought I'd get a second chance, but God is in the miracle working business. Being in debt, and on academic probation, the process was grueling to plead my case. It was worth it in the end when I walked into the doors to Shelton State to further my education.
  • Since my faithfulness to the ministry of the Kingdom, God has blessed me in that- even when it feels like a huge burden- my car is being fixed! And, I should have it back anytime now. There's more to this, but that's confidential, and between myself, God, and the people helping. I'm just truly blessed to be involved with these people.
  • In December, I have the opportunity to go to Los Angeles for a mission trip. From the talks I've had with people, I've been blessed with their friendships, and they've committed to sponsorship, which is a huge blessing. LA, here I come!
God is truly amazing. Don't live off the blessings you want, but realize that you ARE blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment