Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Vision of Life


     I've been a Christian now for 13 years, and been faithfully serving God in ministry for about ten of those years. Although those numbers may sound as if Wisdom and knowledge flows, that couldn't be furthest from the truth. I'm still learning everyday, and of course, it's been a challenge. I find my strength in knowing that God doesn't tempt me beyond what I can handle, and it's proven so in so many situations in my life. 
     About six months ago, I had a vision. Growing up, I didn't have a Christian family. My grandmother took me to a small Baptist church, and then later on a Pentecostal church. My grandmother was the woman I looked to for spiritual guidance. Back to the vision. I envisioned that I was standing in the back of my church's office complex, and I saw my mom at the very front. In the vision, I had knowledge that the room was full of people, but it was also as if my mom was the only one in the room. I only saw her. And, basically, I saw my mom swaying back and worth as if she was dancing with Jesus. If you know my mom, you know she has long, flowing hair. For some reason, God placed a huge emphasis on my mom's hair, because the way her hair swayed signified the passion my mom had to worship Jesus. My mom danced with Jesus, and that's the only way I can describe the vision. 
     Recently, my mom went through some intense times, and she told me she was so ready to have purpose. Unfortunate circumstances in the past held her back, and she wants to make it right now. I write this note to encourage those who are desperate for something. Maybe your life hasn't been what you wanted it to be. Don't let that be an excuse to live. You have a purpose. I can't express that enough. My mom, she has an incredible purpose. My mom, she is my angel, and the rock that has held me together when all I wanted to so was fall apart. Jesus had always been there, too, but God used my mom for those special moments, too. 
     Even as I type this, I am in tears, because I know that I have friends that are so lost and desperate. Family members, too. And I want you to know, there is hope. You were not a mistake. I hope this encourages someone today. Allow God to reveal Himself to you like never before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment