Saturday, May 11, 2013

I. AM. SET. FREE.

This past week was rather challenging. It's as if the enemy has strategically done everything, literally everything to tear me down. 

  • My job I had for a year laid me off. I had done everything professionally possible in order to make a smooth transition to my new job, yet the management went ahead and laid me off. This led to a small "freak out" due to much financial strain. Of course, like all new jobs, it takes a while to get that first paycheck. And, of course the enemy placed a fear in my mind. But, I had to remind him of my little Friend, Jehovah Jireh, the God who provides all my needs. 
  • I attended a retreat in Birmingham this past weekend. It was absolutely life-changing. The purpose of the LIFE retreat was to teach you how to live in freedom everyday, and to equipped you to live it out. Through the retreat, I found that freedom I craved. Forgave people. Forgave myself. Moved on. When I returned, the enemy was waiting on me. Instantly, he reminded me of my past. But, I had to remind him of my little Friend, Jehovah Nissi, the God who IS my victory. 
     Recently, I read a blog that brought much truth to my life. I constantly asked myself "If I'm saved, then why do I still struggle?" Before I was saved, I was just a reckless, dead soul. After I got saved, I was made alive. In the blog, it answered my question. The very fact that I'm alive is the answer that I struggle. A dead person can't struggle. A corpse can stress over things. It's dead. 
     So, if you have been going through the same thing, let this shine some light in your life. You're not alone, and you have an Intercessor who goes before you, and fights for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment