Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Season of Preparation

     A lot of times I feel as if I'm left out of a lot. Maybe it's a social gathering. A bunch of friends hanging out.  I've always been an incredibly social person, so to not be invited to gatherings or hangouts can definitely make me feel alone. Growing up throughout elementary and middle school, I was the constant rejected student. I had no friends whatsoever, and prayed every single night for God to give me at least one best friend. I didn't get my first real best friend until I was in college.
     As I see all these pictures of friends hanging out, and knowing I didn't get invited, enemy always places in my head doubt. Doubt that the people that say they're my friend, are not. I'm reminded of my rejected days. And, as I remember those days, the Holy Spirit begins to speak to me in that friend's voice only He has. He tells me, " As the same before, I'm preparing you for something greater."
     Recently, I've realized that now is not the time to be social. Now is my time to tap into what God has been trying to reveal to me all along. He has been trying to prepare me for something greater than I can imagine; I've just been so socially active to slow down and realize it. As my nights come to close, I find myself watching podcasts or reading the One year bible, and it's been the most rewarding moments of my day. I can have the most stressful day at work, or maybe be stressed about some life issues, but the moment I hear or read God's word, I'm instantly transformed.
     Maybe this is your season of preparation. You just graduated college, and now you're looking for a job but it seems as if there's no luck. You're stressed because your lease is up next month, and you don't know what to do next. You're so worried about God's will for your life. You're not alone; God's will is everyone's question. As Pastor Steven Furtick once said, "If you want to know God's will, you have to know God's ways." So, allow God to prepare the way for you, and He'll lead you right to where you need to be. You may feel alone, rejected, or left out, but God is preparing you for a greater purpose. You were made for more than what you're thinking.
     God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment