Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Response to "My Mind on Tuscaloosa" Music Video

     If you haven't yet, view the "My Mind on Tuscaloosa" music video before proceeding to the note:


http://vimeo.com/24130906


     Now that the true emotions are rolling, I want to blog my response to this video. Sunday, May 22, 2011, was a day I would never forget, aside from April 27. I pulled up into the University Mall parking lot as a volunteer for the music video. Little did I know that I'd get more out of it than I expected. I met Loryn's family, Sean, and Bo for the first time. I'll be lying if I told you I wasn't nervous. I was extremely nervous. But, when I started talking to DeWayne Mims at the site of what used to be Loryn Brown's home, I found out quickly I was in a safe place. As I watched the video get filmed, I experienced myself the raw, genuine emotions. To see Loryn's friends and family around really made me see what it was like to have true friends and a loving family (not that I don't already have a loving family). 
     This morning, I woke up to a note tagged to my page, and it was from Sean. As I read it, my heart swelled as well as my eyes, as I found myself crying once again for the 100th time in a week. So, I message my good friend, Bo, and told him that note had me. I wasn't prepared for what Bo would ask me: "Have you seen the music video yet?" My heart sunk! I seriously had to brace myself. Bo warned me. And, I watched the video. As tears streamed down my face, I watched Loryn's mom talk about Loryn's life and possessions. And, as I watched Loryn's mom cry on that music video, I saw a mother of strength, even in time of tragedy.
     Next moment, I hear Allie Logan's voice, and I remember standing right behind the camera man at this moment. And, as Allie poured her heart out, I saw genuine friends. To see this video, it warmed my heart to know that there are people out there who DO care. Whenever I first met Sean, there was no question of his sincerity. I do not believe Sean wants fame. I do not believe Sean is doing any of this for publicity purposes. I truly believe Sean is doing this to be the voice for Tuscaloosa. He is doing this to raise awareness for the victims of the April 27 tornado. Sean said it best when he quoted in his song "the storm may have made our population smaller, but the biggest thing it did was make all of us stronger." Sean wrote this song to be the strength of those who didn't have the strength to carry on. This song helped establish some hope for people, to let them know it's not over. We will rebuild. We will recover. We are TUSCALOOSA!!
     If anybody would like to donate, all procedes go to storm victims, and the Loryn Brown Scholarship Foundation. NO MONEY is used for Sean or for anything of personal use. After spending the day with Sean Sunday, money is the LAST thing on his mind. Sean's mind is on Tuscaloosa. And, Sunday, I saw that to be sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment