Monday, May 2, 2011

The Wake of the Storm

     This week has been the most emotional week of my life. Wednesday, April 27, 2011 will be a day I NEVER forget. A categorized EF-5 tornado ripped through my city, destroying everything in its path. It's gotten me to the point where I'm literally waiting to wake up from this dream. I cannot believe what I've seen to be real life. But, since this is the reality of it, I have friends and family without a home right now, and I've lost friends that I've graduated with. It has killed me from within to see the devastation.
     The one thing I hold onto more than anything is my faith in Jesus Christ. I do believe this happened for a reason, and that is to awaken my town to things we've been blind to before. I just know that in the midst of this storm, I have Jesus in my boat. He is my comfort and joy in my time of need. I pray that whoever sees this post will be blessed, and will have faith and hope in knowing that greater things are coming. I'm reminded of Job, when he lost everything, he gained so much more after his "storms."
     God bless America. God bless Alabama. And, God bless Tuscaloosa, my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment